22 September, 2010

Week 7: nausea, fatigue and other evils

August 19- first day of lots of nausea and puking. your daddy's birthday.

August 23rd


Little, your 7th. Week brought your first of many travels. For the past 6 days We went to the north east and exlplored everything between Cape Cod, NH and Franconia, MS! Before you will be born, you will have traveled and visited more states (and countries!) than your average person! I hope this will instill my passion for traveling in you :)
This week also brought the onset of the ever dreaded nauseau. Oh dearest, you have definitely made your presence known very very much! Traveling while battling with almost constant nausea is not easy... nor fun ;) I have found a pattern though, starting my day with orange juice, and making a conscious effort to never let myself get hungry is enough of a remedy to carry on as usual! As I am writing this, I am sitting 10,000 feet above ground sipping on Ginger Ale trying to battle yet another bout of nausea. Do believe me when I say that I would take this over and over to have you at the end, little.
You are the size of a blueberry this week- officially a Berry :)
I must say that it still has not sunk in quite yet, I am aware of you in the showing of all the symptoms... But still, my mind can't quite wrap itself around the fact that next year at this time I will hold you in my arms! It will be more real once I can share the exciting news with everyone! I can not wait to tell you gramdmamas, grandpapas, aunts and uncles... and the world about you! 10 more days and we will have our first dr. visit! I am hoping to hear your beautiful heart beat and perhaps even to get a glimpse of you! It was daddy's birthday last thursday (the first day of true nauseau and puking -how memorable) and my present to him was a "Expectant Father book"... I think he liked it, and I also think it will be a wonderful tool for you and him to bond. I am sure it is harder for your daddy to wrap his mind around the fact that you are growing inside of me, than it is for me. After all, the only evidence he has at the moment is a puking wife ;) Once he has heard your hearbeat, seen you on the ultrasound, and once you are visibly in my tummy, I am sure it will be much easier for him to bond with you. They do say though that a mother is born the second she finds out, but a daddy is born the day the little one is. I can see that in Seth. I think it will take him holding, seeing, smelling and feeling you to really, truly realize you are real ;)



August 26th, 2010


I completely missed week 6 (we embarked upon our first adventure together, and we went to New England) and now we are in week 7 already. today i am seven weeks and one day pregnant, and wow, does it seem like a lifetime already ;)

i am not complaining, and i know that this amazing time will last approximately another 33 weeks... i simply can not wait for each and every one of them.

Soon the first trimester will be over, and they say that things get much more enjoyable then. I must admit though, besides the nausea and exhaustion... i feel great! absolutely great.

i feel so honored and fortunate to be able to live through and experience every. single. day. this little one is inside of me. it truly is a miracle and one of the most amazing adventures a woman can embark upon.

I am growing a life right now. a person that will soon walk and inhabit the world. it truly blows my mind.


August 30th, 2010


we are still in week 7 and are fast approaching 8 weeks in two days! holy cow, I have know about this little one for about 4 weeks now and still can not wrap my mind around the fact that I am growing a life. Oh, there are the signs, and physically i sure know... its just my brain has not quite connected the constant visits to the porcelain throne with what is happening ;)

The past 4 days have been rough. I am glad it was the weekend and i was able to just relax and curl up on the couch (while the ever so amazing husband took wonderful care of me and the house :)

The nausea is definitely taking over, and if i don't eat every 2-3 hours... oh dear.. i pay. the problem is, NOTHING sounds good and just the mere thought of food makes me queasy! The only thing I can muster up to eat without complaint of my stomach are apples, apples, apples.... and fruit in general! Which is a wonderful thing, I am not complaining! But it's not very substantial of a meal and doesn't keep me filled up long enough.

With the constant, i mean CONSTANT hunger comes the sleepless nights! I wake up at least 3 times a night.. STARVING! yoghurt and crackers have been my nighttime companions ;)


In 3 days is our first Dr. visit. I am ever so excited and a tat nervous. I have no idea what to expect... that is the downside of waiting so long to tell friends and family. Google has been my very personal savior :)

I just simply can not wait to tell everyone though, i am bursting at the seams... and every day gets harder. It's such a big secret to keep! We are partially waiting for the Dr. visit, to see if everything is well. But mainly for our visit to Chicago next week, to be able to tell Seth's mom in person. Once we have told her, we will tell my parents and family and then the rest of the clan. By week 10 I hope to let the cat out of the sack :)


In other baby related news, I swear I look pregnant...Who could possibly not notice ;) But then again, I am sure I am the only one -besides Seth- who can truly tell the minute changes. My stomach is most definitely growing there is no denying it, but weather it's baby, bloat or plain ol' fat... is to be discovered.


Bottom line is: I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of this wild ride and collecting most precious memories along the way.


No comments: