Wednesday, August 4th, 2010:
4 WEEKS: AND SO IT BEGINS
Oh baby!
You have found your home for the next 8 or so months!
I am still in shock about your very unexpected announcement to us and the world.
I found out about you at exactly 12:05 on August 1st!
And sweetness, you surely have let me know you are there!
Another test was taken this morning, August 3rd, at 5:00am ...
when I was rudely awakened by a full balader accompanied with nice insomia ;)
And just so I can forever cherish and remember this time,
here is a list of my symptoms, feeling, and thoughts thus far:
1. People are not kidding when they say that growing life is hard work.
I have been ever so fatigued since about a week.
By fatigued I mean, it seems as all energy and life has drained out off me.
But now I know the "culprit", and I am no longer annoyed or concerned by this...
quite the contrary:
you, my little one, have made sure I knew about you from the very beginning.
2. This one is right up there with fatigue, constant hunger.
You woul think I am at a constant brink of starvation.. I am famished 24/7.
And you know what? Not funny, as I was just embarking on a strickt diet days before I found out...
I am thinking this will take a backrow for the next few months,
but knowing you are growing in my belly made me already change
my eating habits, and health overall!
No more caffeine -and most surely no. more. Cigarettes.
Quitting smoking has been a goal since before I knew about you,
and has luckily been put into effect before you decided to stay!
How amazing is that?
3. This one contradicts fatigue: insomnia!
I am writing this at 5:10 am, yesterday I was up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am!
I think the sleepless-ness goes hand in hand with #2 and my next ever growing symptom:
4. Frequent urination
I've never woken up in the middle of the night to pee before. quite annoying ;)
and then I usually can not fall back asleep, because my mind starts reeling!
5. and lastly, the rollercoaster of emotions. High to low, low to high.
I choke up over the silliest things, i get really excited one second,
and the next, i feel sad..... but deep down, i am 100% happy!
As far as symptoms that is it so far, and they have actually quite decreased between yesterday and today!
The ever so dreaded nausea has not made its appearance yet. perhaps it wont ;)
I am ever so thrilled, excited, anxious, ecstatic and just a wee bit fearful over this pregnancy.
As much as it was unplanned, it is ever so welcomed and will not for one second be regretted or cried over (well, only happy tears!)
The hardest thing will be telling people.
V especially... I just hope that she can eventually be happy for us,
and realize that it is NOT the end of the world, quite on the contrary! It is THE best thing! ;)
Mom and Dad will be interesting, I can not even fathom their reaction...
first annoyance i guess, but ultimately elation.
I so wish they lived closer, especially mom!
I will miss her ever so more in these coming months, i am sure of it!
Seth's parents, his dad will be ecstatic, his mom also not so much at first.
she just moved to chicago and will be there for another 1.5 yrs........
The siblings, I am sure they will all be very happy for us!
I may be completely off as far as predicting peoples reactions.
I hope so. Since this is, in its essence, the most amazing thing that happens to any of us.
Creating new life, making a family. That's what makes the world go round.
Love and Family.



2 comments:
I don't remember now how I found your blog but it was around the time you posted the stop-action films. I enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of your blog.
Many congratulations on your pregnancy! How very exciting. :-)
Christine, I am so so excited for you! I love that you are detailing your journey with such sweet words & photographs {of course}. The fatigue has always been the biggest indicator when I get pregnant, it's like nothing I've felt before!
Post a Comment