
September 4, 2010
It is impossible to put into words how it feels to see your baby for the very first. I've waited two days, in hopes that the righ words may find me, but they have not- and I want to at least attempt to write down my feelings and emotions from that first prenatal visit on sept 2nd, 2010!
I've been anticipating this day ever since I saw those two beautiful pink lines appear, 4 weeks ago! once the day finally arrived, however, I was not quite sure how to feel anymore. All of a sudden nerves and anxiety kicked in, and worst case scenarios swarmed my mind! I tried hard to brush them aside and was very much hoping for an ultrasound! Some practices don't do them until later on, so I did not know for sure if we were going to get to see you, little! Once all the neccessary paperwork was done, my weight recorded, my bloodpressure taken (it was elevated, but probably only because i was so very nervous ;) the nurse finally exclaimed that the ultrasound was next!! Immediately a swarm of butterflies emerged in my tummy, and I got to call your daddy in with us! I wish I would have been able to capture and forever freeze the ginourmous grin he flashed, it was THE biggest I've ever seen! Truely! I believe he was much more excited than he led on!
Then, the second the tech turned on the machine, there you were in all your tiny glory and just like that, all my fears vanished! You were really in there clearly flashing your beautiful heart for us all to see! It looked like a little star, just shining and sparkling away! I could not tear my eyes away from the screen; not to look at the tech who was talking about all sorts if things my mind did not take in, not to look at your daddy who I am sure was mesmerized by your tiny self as well! I could tell he was as much smitten with you as I was, he had a bone crushing clench on my hand... Just like he does in the movie theater when an extra special scene plays on the screen! I know baby, you were the best scene he has ever seen, because my hand was numb ;)
All of a sudden, out of no-where the tech hit a button and there it was: the one most beautiful sound my ears have ever heard! Your strong, beautiful heart- just whooshing away! Seth said it sounded like a little hellicopter, to me, it was the most amazing symphony ever created! Your tiny heart was beatig at a strong 165 beats per minute, double that of mine!
Two hearts beating as one... Forever!
Those were the longest- yet the shortest-20 or so minutes of my life! I could have stayed there and stared at you forever!
We did get 4 beautiful copies of ultrasounds showing your little head, body and arm buds! You are perfect.
It was all and so much more than I ever imagined it would be..
We love you with all of our hearts!!!



1 comment:
Yes, I teared up for this one. :)
Post a Comment