
*182 days with you.
Little love, we are finally embarking on the last trimester. Today marks day one of the third trimester and I could not me more thrilled. This huge milestone means that we have approximately 12 weeks left until we will glance into each others eyes for the first time. How I simply can not wait. I think the human gestation should last exactly 7 months, because I am SO READY to meet you, to see your perfect face, count your tiny toes, kiss your handsome cheeks, and shower you with all the love in the universe.
How far along? 28 weeks
Baby's size and development ? The little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. His beautiful eyes are partially open now, he can blink and he even sports eye lashes :) He is also able to see the light that filters in through the womb, I know this because he kicks and moves around when i shine direct light on it :) He's busy adding new skills such as coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. The baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already. Swoon.
Changes in me? I am supposed to gain about 12 lbs this trimester, oyyyy. If that is going to be the case, I will have gained a total of 27 lbs.. be still my heart!!!
Oh well, It's all for a good cause -the best- and I plan on taking swimming classes with little love as well as go on daily walks with him. The 15 or so lbs I have gained thus far have luckily spread fairly evenly and don't bother me much. It is all part of it, right? (as long as every one of them is shed at the end!) ;)
I see the Dr. every 2 weeks from now on until week 36 when I will go in once a week! These visits absolutely do not bother me, I look much forward to them every time. Hearing his wooshing heart makes the peeing in a cup and scale tipping SO worth it ;) I went in yesterday for my glucose screening test. I was lucky and got to munch on a large candy bar and a soda instead of forcing down the drink that is rumored to be so very awful. I just got my call back that all is well and I passed. No 3-hr tolerance test for me! Wahoo :)
Maternity clothes? My order from GAP and Old Navy came in... I must say I am not impressed -Surprise! I do not know what it is about maternity clothes, but man, they are cut awful and don't fit at all! I just much rather wear "normal" clothes in a size bigger. This has worked thus far, and by god- I am going to make it work til the end! ;)
Sleep? Besides getting increasingly more uncomfortable due to having to sleep on my side with a huge basketball attached to me, little Rambo decided recently that it would be fun to keep me up at night with kicks, jabs, and punches... and they HURT! I wake up from "pain" -no joke. It is not the rib kicking that a lot of women describe, he has stays away from them thus far. But he is positioned so weird, that he kicks me right into my left side -at the very far edge of my uterus. And it's more of a "rubbing" than straight out kicking. He rubs his entire extremity along my insides. ouch ;) Does this sound like complaining? Because I don't want it to, yes -its a bit uncomfortable, but I am just so happy that he is healthy, growing strong -and seems to have a strong mind of his own already :)
Best moment this past week? Feeling him getting so much stronger and active!
Movement? I can feel him all the time now! There is at least one big kick or movement every every hour now! It is SO amazing, I can only repeat myself. I. WILL. MISS. THIS.
Symptoms? Heartburrrrrrrrn. Upon recommendation of my Dr., I switched to Zantac. Unfortunately this does not treat the heartburn, but rather prevents it and I seem to not be able to remember taking it before a meal. So I still resort to Tums when it's too late already ;) I did read though, that excessive Tums use can cause kidney stones (because of the large amounts of calcium) EEK :O So I am definitely ONLY taking it if I truly can't handle the discomfort and pain. I am going to put "growth of stomach" as a symptom from now on with measurements. Last week I measured 40 inches around, this week 41.
What I miss? SUSHI!!!
What I'm looking forward to? Seeing my little man's sweet face in 6 days!
Emotions: Up and down. This week was a down, I had plenty of reason... very personal reasons -non pregnancy related- that do not belong here. It is getting better though :)



1 comment:
You are so precious and so is Lennon!!
Post a Comment