13 January, 2011

27 weeks: Snowmageddon and Cabin Fever



This week was rather uneventful, and I must admit -rather slow. Yes, you heard me right: slow ;)

I finally figured out how to "stop" time: Alabama + 10 inches of snow +3 days of being stuck in the house = cabin fever. And we all know what cabin fever does to time.

I was genuinely bored and was wishing for my ever speeding days back in no time!

I am so glad the roads are drivable again. I just got back from my 27 week appointment and all looks grand with the little guy.

He is measuring almost a week ahead.... wow. I hope that doesn't effect my due date much, my mother won't fly in until a few days before, and I would positively be crushed if she would miss his birth!

On a lighter note, we scheduled the 3D/4D ultrasound, and in 13 short days I am going to see my little loves face again. I was kind of torn on wether to have this done or not, but because of my placenta previa, my Dr. actually thought it would be a great way to check "that little problem" out while having a bit of fun ;) (or it's all just moneymakery... I think the latter) ;)

But I don't mind, this will probably be the last ultrasound before Lennon makes his anticipated arrival (unless the placenta has not budged) and I do enjoy them seeing his sweet face so...

I bet by now he will be all cutesy-chubby-baby like -not like the anatomy scan ultrasound where he still looked like baby-skeletor. ;) and oh- i JUST can't wait.

I like these little "milestones" to look forward to. They cut the weeks and seem to make the wait until April shorter.

In other news, my blood-pressure is STILL high, despite the damn meds they put me on... they are still "watching" it... I am guessing if the Dr's are not concerned, I shouldn't be?

We also signed up for Birthing classes, Parenting classes and Breast-feeding classes this week! I am excited, and since it hasn't seemed to hit Seth yet that this little guy will inhabit our home and hearts VERY SOON, I think these classes will finally do him in ;) It's about time, I am getting kind of sad and depressed to seemingly be going through this pregnancy alone. If anyone should be there by your side- as giddy as you- it should be your spouse. But I am not going to condemn him, it takes some people longer to become a dad than others...


As for me, I am ever as excited and soaking this special time in bits by bits. With every passing minute I fall more deeply in love with my little man.



How far along? 27 weeks


Baby's size and development ? Bitsy weighs about 2.2 lbs and is about 14.5 inches long. From now on it is said, that he will gain about 0.5 lbs a week.. "He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While the lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. "


Changes in me? One big change I've notice throughout the past weeks actually, is my skin. It was horrible in the beginning, especially in the first trimester. Just bad. I think my body is finally regulating and getting used to the new surge of hormones. My skin is practically glowing -I think that's where the common saying comes from ;) For other changes, the dark vertical line below my belly button has made its appearance, "Linea Negra" they call it? Yup, its very attractive ;) The belly button protrusion has reached a halt, and he's hanging out half in half out at the moment. I sure hope it will either go back in or pop out all the way, it just looks wrong right now ;)


Maternity clothes? Heheee, I ordered a huge order of stuff from Old Navy and Gap online! They had an extravagant sale, and I got 3 shirts, 1 sweater, 1 dress (oh, and a little cutie onesie for Lennon) for under 50 bucks! I call that a steal.


Sleep? Tossing and turning and getting up a million times and tossing and turning.... rinse, wash, and repeat....


Best moment this past week? Hearing littlies heartbeat just now. It's still going strong at 140 bpm :)


Movement? He is active most of the day now. He definitely has his sleep/awake intervals and is up and moving every 40 or so minutes. I got this app for my iphone that counts baby kicks (my Dr. actually mentioned to start counting his kicks from now on) and he meets the quota well above and beyond. I adore his movements, I just can not get enough of them. "It's like my own personal brand of heroine" heheheheee


Symptoms? Sooo, I've stopped indulging in my 3 pieces of Hershey's Toffee/Almond nuggets before bed, and guess what? My nightly heartburn has disappeared. duh. I was in denial, but the nightly bouts of outrageous heartburn got too much, so changes had to be made ;) I still get it on and off during the day, but I can deal with that.

Also, I am dreading writing this, and hope I am not jinxing anything, but if the following is an indication of what my 3rd trimester will look like. i. do. not. like:

1. I have been nauseous waking up -actually puked! :O

2. I have been waking up at about 4am on the dot the past few nights, with no luck of falling back asleep

I feel grand today, so I desperately hope this was just a fluke, because those were the two main -obnoxious, day-ruining- symptoms throughout my first trimester!!!


What I miss? Being able to get up with grace -without huffing and puffing and rolling to the side or hanging on to something ;)


What I'm looking forward to? As mentioned above, the 3D ultrasound is definitely on top of the list :)


Emotions: Mh, my emotions have been interesting. Definitely skimming closer to water these days; I cry because of the silliest things. Also, my emotions have begun to ride an unpredictable rollercoaster. I was so proud of staying pretty much level headed throughout this pregnancy thus far, but I think those days are numbered. I get irritated SO easily, the slightest -silliest- things tick me off, but in return I can be elated in no time about nothing in particular....


let's end on a happy note, with a pretty picture, shall we :)


3 comments:

Grits (Girl raised in the South) said...

hey sweets! love the updates, and can't wait to see my grandson! send pics of the ultrasound!
As for Seth, he is excited, but you know he's not much at showing emotion until it's bursting! Pregnancy is tough on guys because they can feel separated from the experience you are going through, and scared of the responsibility coming, and many really don't feel it until they hold that tiny bit in their hands. and the rollercoaster that your emotions are on will drive them BATTY at times. patience and understanding are needed on both sides. :)
The waking in the night might be nature's way of getting you ready. may you be blessed with a little Seth who slept through the night within a couple of weeks. love you!

Tiffany @ bride-on-purpose said...

Wow... you are gorgeous! I just came over to your site from Spearmint Baby. Your updates really are beautiful, and the love you share with your hubs was written ALL over those pics from the 4D ultrasound!! Isn't it weird how a stranger's pictures can bring tears down your cheeks? Anyways, I just wanted to say hi! I am newly pregnant, and ultrasounds, preggo pics, and maternity clothes still seem like a lifetime away, but reading your updates helps me imagine what it will all be like :) Take care

Life is Love Cherish Life said...

LOve your bog. I have been a fan of simply bloom for a long time!!!