The day I have been anticipating all my life has come and gone, but the feeling of utter elation and pure, raw love is remaining and here to stay. I've literally dreamed and fantasized about this day since I was a little girl.
As every little girl, i wondered who exactly this person would be that I would one day marry. I imagined how old he was at that time (I was maybe 8... Seth was already 14 ;) what he looks like, what his name is...
I fantasized about my wedding day, how old I would be, what my dress would look like... It had to be on a beach!
But the one thing about my future that was fantasized and wished and dreamed about more than anything was who my first born would be. Ever since I can remember I've wanted 2 boys first, and then a little girl.
These babies always starred in my made believe games, their imaginary names ranged from Torben to Alexander to Noah to Connor.... My dolls were always boys.
Fast forward 15 something years:
My childhood dreams and imaginations are taking shape, they are becoming reality and I could have never dreamed how perfect they would turn out:
I have the perfect husband from my dreams, he is ever so handsome and perfect for me, his name is Seth (if you don't know yet ;) and we had the wedding of my dreams 2.5 yrs ago (when i was 23) at the beach!
Fast forward to August 1st, 2010:
My ultimate childhood dream came true, I was pregnant... And immediately the wheels started reeling. Who is this little person that conquered my heart from moment one, who will this person be?
For 18 weeks I have been pondering, fantasizing and imagining. So many times did my instincts point to girl, 90% of all people guessed you were a girl, for 16+ weeks I was rather convicts you may be a girl, too.
Then something changed, I felt you move for the first time and ever since that moment, I internally just knew! I just knew who you were! I remember revealing this to your dad the morning we found out, right before, when I had a little bit of morning coffee to ensure you would move a lot and reveal to us who you are ;)
Daddy was shocked and still believed in a girl!
Then, the ever anticipated moment I found out the identity of my firstborn came: You are a boy! As I knew you always would be...
The feeling is indescribable, all i can say is: It feels so right.
Lennon William Berry, we can not wait to meet you! The day you arrive will end a chapter of life and open a new one... The one I have anticipated and dreamed for since I can remember!
You could not be more perfect, more loved, more wanted!
You are my dream come true!
** Lennon is happily kicking away as I am typing this from my hotel room in Hong Kong!! We arrived yesterday night, it is now 7am and I am taking in the hustle and bustle of a never sleeping city!
These next 5 days will be intense, but the 18/19 week update (with lots more detailed info on the anatomy scan) will come shortly)



No comments:
Post a Comment