today marks 18 weeks of pregnancy and a belly shot post will have to wait until friday (when we find out if littly is a boy or a girl! EEK; can you hear me squeal?!) but instead, today i will write a little about one of my favorite subjects:
as promised, there will be a few installments covering littly's nursery, today features part 1: Crib and Bedding.
I have numerous ideas for the nursery decor, and mostly it will be pretty unisex. The wall color will be a "seafoamy-green-turquoise", the furniture will be all white, the layout simple and clean. I have always been attracted to the more modern and clean lines of things, embellished by a few vintage and timeless pieces here and there. That's what littly's room will ultimately consist of: clean modern furniture accompanied by vintage and timeless decor. Think: Vintage hot air balloons, Kites, Clouds, Bunting etc.
I am getting ahead of myself though, I think the heart of the matter will ultimately be the bedding, and I have SO many ideas and options, I think this will be the hardest to decide on.
But let's start with the crib:
#1. Features my ideal crib. The price tag ($700) scared me off from day one of discovery and still needs a lot of convincing, and maybe a "pay raise", to even be considered. I however adore the clean lines and modern design, it has such a light and airy feel. And bonus: it is manufactured in Europe, what's not to love about that? ;)

#2. features a crib that compromised in price at a reasonable $300. It has great reviews and would fit my criteria of being modern, simple, and white. I do not like the bottom portion and this would have to be refinished and painted white (or an accent color).
#3. is a true contender in the race of being the save haven for my little one, come April. not only do i ADORE ikea products, and not only does it fit all my design aesthetics to a tee, but the price tag is undeniably appealing!! ($100.. really?) The reviews are spectacular and it complies with all safety and health codes. 
and lastly..... #4 and #5... a girl can dream, right? basically both are completely out of the question ($1000) but I absolutely ADORE both of them, and even-though neither is especially modern, they are both absolutely divine and dreamy and perfect.
Now for the bedding, this has been a back and forth and I am still not 100% decided on what exactly will be incorporated. I adore the look of the whole set (i.e. bumper, sheets, bedskirt etc) but may forego the bed skirt and use the bumper only for "decor" as I've read rather mixed reviews on the use of bumpers... we shall see.
Nonetheless, here are my contenders:
#1. is ULTRA feminine and I am positively in love with the shabby chic look. I think it would work lovely in a very girly nursery, and I know I can make this one work. (and would it not look perfectly divine with crib #4 or 5? ;) I am just not 100% on the colors. I have ordered swatches which will help with the decision. And of course this set is only applicable if Littly is a girl :) I am absolutely in love with the website this little number comes from. It is called "Baby Bedding" and they have some of the most lovely choices of baby bedding out there.. Which brings me to number 2, 3, and 4

#2, #3, #4 are all from the same company as above, but guess what? They are custom designs? EEK, if you know me, any place that will let me have free reign on design is my best friend. I've spent way too many hours (in the middle of the night ;) designing and scheming the perfect bedding for my little. Here are my 3 favorite designs:
you can see that 2 and 3 are very similar, they utilize the same floral fabric as the set above, just in less frilly form ;) as mentioned before, I like things a little more simple.
And number 4 will be perfect for a little boy, and i can definitely see a paper mache hot airballon floating over his crib with this bedding :)

And lastly, #6 and #7 are once again from the ever so fabulous Restoration Hardware Baby collection and the most pricey. But hey, I have a 20% off coupon that just may come in handy ;)
#6 would be for a boy, but can work equally well for a girl. #7 definitely screams girl, just like #1.
All in all, (and being reasonable) I am leaning towards crib #3 with bedding #1 or #6. I will have to run all these by Mr. Dad, but knowing him, he will give me free reign and trust me 100% to make a perfect haven for our little one.
I am just SO freaking excited about friday, and giving little squirm an identity, calling him/her by name (stay tuned for that reveal come friday, as well!) and starting on the nursery! I never thought I would adore this whole process so much.... beware, I just may have 19 kids and counting....








No comments:
Post a Comment