11 October, 2010

13 Weeks: Second Trimester!!

**barely any changes, maybe the bloat is completely gone and this is all baby now :)
missed week 12 picture and update :(



Oct 6, 2010


Yet another milestone week spent traveling! this time i took the little one along to west palm beach, fl for an inspiring convention for wedding professionals. (thus far baby has been to 6 different states and cities! a post for itself) we stayed in the most divine of all resorts- the breakers- and spent 4 amazing days by the beach- my favorite! (sadly my feet never once touched the sand or ocean)

traveling is getting easier and easier since the nausea has left. but it is still utterly exhausting.. i simply try to roll with the punches- that's all one can do.

but recuperating from these trips is taking longer, and full days are "wasted" in bed upon my return home.

i am not complaining, who doesn't love time spent snuggled up in bed with ones loves?? there is really nothing better.

i am not sure if it is the pregnancy, age, or just life progressing.. but i am cherishing and craving these lazy days more than ever... days that are spent doing nothing but basking in the laziness and calm beauty of the day.


Littly was the size of a peach this week- finally a fruit that is cute and appealing! technically today marks day one of week 14 (really???? Week 14 already!??) and i missed the update pic for week 13 (12 weeks pregnant) :(

According to

but honestly, there were hardly any changes to be documented and all is still smooth sailing :) exhaustion is about the only sign of the little one growing inside of me.

as a matter of fact, lately i've been forgetting that i am pregnant, and only when I open my phone and there greets me my screensaver- our first ultrasound picture- am i reminded what is happening inside of me and of all the incredible changes that are in store!

i am still as thrilled and excited about this pregnancy and the way it is smoothly progressing ever so beautifully, for that I am tremendously grateful!


Never take what you have for granted, a lesson I learn on a daily basis watching the world take its course.



How far along? 13 Weeks and embarking on the second trimester! How exciting :D


Baby's size? Littly is the size of a Peach! About 3 inches long! He/She can also suck his/her little thumb this week! Squeal :)


Weight Gain? cheap IKEA scale is saying none :) The truth will be revealed this coming thursday for prenatal visit #3!


Maternity clothes? None. Just the BeBand, which is definitely a must these day for ALL pants i own!


Stretch marks? Nope. And I very much would like it to stay that way ;)


Sleep? Ahh, THE BEST! When I returned from my trip this week, Seth surprised me with a huge body pillow! (insert best husband award here!)

It has been marvelous. As a matter of fact, this Sunday Seth and I spent 90% (i kid you not) of the day in bed and napped the entire day away, and STILL slept the entire night as well!


Best moment this week? Coming home from florida to a clean house and loving husband and pups!


Movement? None yet. I could swear that I occasionally feel some really weird floppy, pokey movements though, but am -for now- writing these "movements" off for gas ;) it is too early to feel anything, right?


Food cravings? No "ohmygod-must-have-now" cravings. But I do get the urge to have certain foods every now and then. Like Strawberry Ice cream the other night. Or Lo-Mean noodles. Weird.


Symptoms? Just tiredness. I could literally nap the day away. Oh, and I get these strange ligament paints near my uterus when I move rapidly or sneeze. From what I have read, this new symptom is right on track with where I am in my pregnancy and perfectly normal :)


Gender? Thinking girl... we find out SOON :)


What I miss? Nothing really, but if I had to pick something, it would simply be energy!!


What I'm looking forward to? Hearing littly's heartbeat this thursday!


Weekly Wisdom: Listen to your body, and sleep whenever you get the chance.


Milestones: First week of 2nd Trimester! It is amazing how time flies. My little ticker on my pregnancy app is saying that I only have 26 weeks and 2 days left. That is mind boggling, was it not 33 weeks the other day?


Emotions: Excited. We are moving in 2-3 weeks into our very own, first house. THAT on its own is quite emotional, but thinking about the fact that this will be the home our baby will be "born in" (figuratively speaking) is just so overwhelming! I can not wait to start decorating the nursery!



2 comments:

Grits (Girl raised in the South) said...

hey chickie(s)
just wanted to fill you in on some trivia -
first, Lacy and I both are Rh-negative - both O-. but Seth is not and I had to have the shot when he was born so his antibodies wouldn't fight the next baby that might come along. and I went all that time without knowing I was a negative!
second - watch for that first movement feeling if you haven't had it yet - it feels like butterflies way low in your abdomen. With me it happened about 15 or 16 weeks in.
Stretch marks won't show up until your skin is stretched to the max - and then hopefully only down below your belly button. that was my experience.
Cravings? I craved cereal (probably actually milk) and fruit juice. Your body naturally knows what you need to feed the little one, so listen to it!
Love you! Keep me updated!

sofia said...

I love your blog!
What program do you use to edit your photos (adding that lovely frames)?