
October 19th, 2010
greetings from the "land of normal people"!
yes, i finally feel "normal" again and am truly, truly thankful and excited about this! life is grand and i am enjoying every minute of it!
goodbye to the days where i would get nauseous smelling my own husband after his shower!! (yes, true fact. i would get super nauseous after Seth came out of the shower, and yes, it WAS the soap smell ;)
goodbye to the days where i could sleep the entire day away, where dishes were piled up to the ceiling and dust bunnies were taking over my house.
and hello lovely second trimester, you are not disappointing, please stay a while :)
this week brought yet another prenatal visit. i can not wrap my mind around how fast time is flying. quick stats from this very boring visit:
high blood-pressure meds are doing their magic, for the first time in...years, my blood-pressure has been normal! ("normal" must be the magic word of the week)
got to listen to Krümel's heart beat and it beat away at a lovely 158 bpm :) this never gets old and still brings tears to my eyes.
scheduled the big anatomy ultrasound!! three more weeks and we find out who this little person is. I. SIMPLY. CAN. NOT. WAIT. november 13th can not get here fast enough. it will be like christmas, birthdays, easter, 4th of july and all holiday's in existence wrapped up in one amazing day!!!
who would have ever know that august 1st 2010 and november 13th 2010 would one day hold so much meaning and will forever be engraved into my heart and soul?
How far along? 14 Weeks. (tomorrow I'll be 15 weeks and in my 16th week! C R A Z Y)
Baby's size ? I think that my "What to expect when you are expecting" iphone app is lying to me. It seems to be one week ahead and is telling me that Littly is the size of a Navel Orange (4.5 in. and 2-3 oz) but other sites say that Littly is the size of a lemon (which I though he/she was during last weeks development..... confusion!) I am going with what the app tells me, which I have been following for 14 weeks :) SO: Baby is the size of a Navel Orange.
Weight Gain? 3lbs. not bad at all. I feel like I've gained 10....
Maternity clothes? Still none. Getting there soon though, I am taking it one week at a time, and once the BeBand doesnt work with my normal pants anymore, I will surrender.
Stretch marks? Nope. And I am going to take this one out until/ IF I get any ;)
Sleep? Quite wonderful. I fall asleep immediately once I hit the pillow(s) and only have to get up 1-2 to pee. This still irks me though, not used to having my sleep interrupted ;) better get used to it!
Best moment this week? There are so many wonderful moments EVERY week!
This weeks highlights: hearing littly's heartbeat again, back-rubs from my best husband, re-found energy to take wonderful walks with the love and pups, finally packing up the house for the big move, fall arriving and simply life in general at the moment! I am so happy and at peace. THIS is where I am supposed to be, it just feels SO right!
Movement? mhh, I am a first timer at this, and I truly have no idea what its supposed to feel like, but I could swear I feel teeny tiny weird pops every now and then. This only started this past weekend for sure. Maybe its just hopeful thinking, but I am sure we are getting there soon! Regardless of if I feel it or not, Littly is supposed to be quite active in there by now, spending most of his/her days practicing breathing amniotic fluid and swimming about. :)
Food cravings? Pancakes, chocolate milk, nutella toast, cocoa puff cereal. Chocolate is the theme here.... I must be careful ;)
Symptoms? Stuffy nose as of late. I read that this is due to the increasing levels of estrogen circulating throughout the body. This causes swelling in the mucous membranes during pregnancy. Strange. I also sneeze A LOT. No idea what is up with that.
Gender? November 13th we will know :D
What I miss? Honestly, nothing!
What I'm looking forward to? Moving! Only about 10 more days and we will be in the new house! This is a major milestone, I feel like we are leaving one part of our lives behind and embarking on a new, grander adventure! I am so ready!
Emotions: Pure elation. This week has been good to me :)



No comments:
Post a Comment