18 February, 2011

32 weeks: "Dear One"

**remember Kona's first picture with Lennon? Today, Kahlua had her turn :)



Oh "dear one", how is it possible that our time together -just you and I sharing one body- will be over in just a few weeks? I constantly marvel over the fact of how the days all seem a blur and that I have know about you for only 32 weeks, yet feel like I have loved and known you for a lifetime.

I often find myself quietly sitting in your room, dreaming of the beautiful baby boy that is about to enter this world. It is where I will read to you, snuggle you, soothe you, feed you, tell and teach you about this beautiful world, bond with you, simply adore and love you......

I am fully and wholly enjoying every day of this pregnancy and I do not wish a single day to go by to quickly. But the time has come where I get more anxious to meet you with each passing day.

I vow to never forget this amazing feeling. I know for a fact that I will miss being pregnant with you terribly, but I also know that so much more is in store: feelings I can yet barely comprehend. My love for you is already all consuming and I just can not wait to welcome you into this world.



How far along? 32 weeks.


Baby's size and development ? By now, sweetness weighs approximately 4lbs and is about 17 inches long. He is taking up a lot of space and both of us are putting on some serious weight at this point. I will probably gain about a pound a week for the next 7 or so weeks, with half of that poundage bulking up littly.


Changes in me? Speaking of weight gain, I have been somewhat ignoring this "little bit" of information for the past... oh 15 weeks? Last time I updated, I was about 20 weeks and up about 10 lbs? Well... at 32 weeks, I have gained a whooping 24 lbs. EEEK! My legs have never resembled an orange this much in my life, and I hope never will again!!!

I am ok with it though, really. As long as it will all come back down and all go back to "normal". I have high goals of joining the YMCA, swimming at our neighborhood pool every morning once it warms up, and walking/ running every day (oh, I can so picture it: Little bit snuggled to my chest in a wrap while the dogs lead the way. swoon) As I mention over and over though, I adore being pregnant -with all its ups and downs. I welcome the weight gain, the body changes; because I know that it is all for him. I would gladly gain 300 lbs, grow a mustache and a third big toe to have him in the end.


Maternity clothes? It is pretty obvious by know what my stance on this is. I am now 8 months pregnant and embarking on the home stretch, obviously there is maternity wear involved. I am going to take this out as well... my list of topics is slowly diminishing ;)


Sleep? It is still hard to get and I am at a point where I am absolutely fine with it. I do not even require mid day naps anymore. :)

I take a bath every night before bed, and this really helps tremendously... plus, I take any bit of R&R I can get right now, as I am sure it will be hard to come by in a few weeks from now!


Best moment this past week? We went to our first childbirth class yesterday and I truly loved it. The instructor is super fun and has a ton of great information. I think Seth really enjoyed it as well! Yesterday covered the entire birthing experience and I must truly say: even the hardcore, non-sugar coated truth about it did not scare me a bit. I was also surprise as to how many of the fellow mamas have the same goal as me: go natural. This is of course a topic in itself and I will cover this, my birthplan etc. in a future post. :)

So, this may be bad, since the majority of people really put great thought and effort into naming their child.... but for us coming up with Lennon's name was so very easy and natural, it just felt right. I never once googled his name (it is obvious of course what i would predominantly find ;) nor looked up the actual meaning of his name. Well, I did so today and was absolutely, 100% mesmerized, smitten and awed at how perfect it is!!!

Lennon means "lover" or "dear one" in Gaelic. Hooray for my dear little love baby!


Movement? He's moving and grooving all day all night. I just love his little jabs :)


Symptoms? I have had an awful cold for the past 2-3 days. I was so proud to be able to say that I have not gotten sick throughout my pregnancy thus far (not even during the "harsh" winter months, where everyone had the flu and some sort of awful cold) BUT, I jinxed myself somehow and caught a bug. It is really not that bad at all, I had a sore throat for a night/day and now a terrible cough that makes me sound like an old man. I am feeling much better already, and truly hope that this is the one and only time I have to battle illness while pregnant. I couldn't imagine being seriously ill.... because I refuse to medicate myself with any type of drug -pregnant or not. I usually tend to deal with it, unless it is truly needed.


What I miss? Today, nothing at all. I am happy as a fish..... in water? (I am bad at idioms....)


What I'm looking forward to? Seeing my baby for the first time :)





No comments: