01 December, 2010

Week 21: Pop

**21 weeks, that is over 5 months! EEK!



How far along? 21 weeks (hooray, we made it "over the hump", and are more than halfway done!)


Baby's size and development ? Littly now weighs between 11 and 12 ounces and is approximately 10.5 inches long (or about the length of a banana!!!) And speaking of bananas, it is said that if I eat one this week, there's a good chance that Lennon will actually get a taste, too. That's because he swallows a bit of amniotic fluid each day (for nutrition, hydration, and to practice digesting), so he eats whatever's on my menu. By now he looks like a mini-version of what he'll look like when he's born. All his facial features are formed and hair is growing on his head. I just can not wait to see what he looks like. Eek :)


Weight Gain, Stretch Marks, Belly Button in or out? My scale at home actually proclaims that i have LOST 2 lbs ..... we will see in 2 days at my monthly check-up. No stretch marks, but my belly button is taking on a rather interesting shape. It is rather flat these days.. looks like my innie will be an outie soon. ;)


Maternity clothes? blah blah. nope.


Sleep? Fairly good. I still wake up too often to pee... but go right back to sleep. Also, I have been sleeping til about 8-9am these past days, its heaven :D


Best moment these past week? I was playing christmas music the other day directly to my belly and when "Little Drummer Boy" came on, Lennon went NUTS! I mean bonkers! I called Seth over to feel (you could literally see my stomach popping up and down) and the smile on his face was heart-melting. Seth is a drummer, so this was super cute and meaningful to both of us! He's gonna be daddy's little drummer apparently :D


Movement? oh yes. I am sure it is here to stay, but I sure hope that the increase of movement is not keeping up at this pace.... otherwise he will pop out of my stomach by month 6! He literally goes crazy in there at times. Yesterday night he literally punched, kicked and rolled for over 10 minutes straight. The movement is now fairly high up, right underneath my belly button. It is divine though, I adore it with all my heart.


Food cravings? none.


Symptoms? HEARTBURN! I seriously have heartburn every.single.night. before bed. I am going to ask my Dr. if Tums are considered one of the main food groups...


Gender? A little man.


What I miss? same old same old. Sleeping on my stomach and insane amounts of coffee.


What I'm looking forward to? the holidays, nesting: HIS NURSERY!


Emotions: Pregnancy truly is heaven thus far. I would not trade any second of it, I honestly would have not thought that I would love it this much. (fingers crossed)

I do dream about pregnancy a lot lately, really bizarre dreams at times..... I am sure they all simply stem from my subconscious and deal with "fears" and "insecurities" impending motherhood. One reoccurring dream is that I don't have a visibly pregnant belly and people don't believe me that I am pregnant. This probably stems from true life feelings, I really BARELY am showing. I have the teeny-tiniest bump. He is nicely tucked away in there somewhere.... **update, today I popped :) I look and feel 10 times bigger!

Also, the other day I dreamed that I left him at home in his bouncer all day long, similar to a dog :(.... and in another dream I could not find him anywhere, and when I found him he was a tiny little ladybug and flew away.... SO WEIRD. These dreams freak me out..... I can definitely interpret them pretty easily.

But I am definitely not afraid of being a parent and honestly believe I am ready and will be great at it... I guess these dreams are simply the tiniest fears magnified.



No comments: