**I am positively horrid at keeping this Blog of mine updated. I knew I would be. Creative writing –heck, any kind of writing- is definitely not my forte. I always failed my papers terribly, and I am as good at spelling as I am at singing… utterly hopeless. Thank goodness for spell-check and German-English dictionaries. In fact, I just had to look up the translation for “spelling”, I could only think of the German word. That is exactly why Vania is in charge of keeping our SimplyBloom-Blog fresh and sparkly with quirky writing, it would never get done if I were in charge.
Anywho, I will make it my new goal to at least, once a week, update this Blog with the various current trivial happenings in my life.
For example, I have been listening to 74 hours of Pandora this week. For anyone who is not familiar with Pandora, it is simply put, the best creation ever created. It is a radio station catered to each individual’s unique taste of music. I have discovered numerous amazing artists this way, and highly recommend. It is totally free but has one minor drawback. You can only listen to 40hours of music with one given account, forcing me to created a second one, which I am already 34 hours into. Anyways, Pandora is a true live safer for someone who spends 48% of their day in front of a computer… yeah that’s me. Which brings me to what I originally intended this entire post to be about.
Have I mentioned that I adore my job? If I have not, well: I do. It is absolutely and utterly all consuming (in a good way) and entirely worth every millisecond. I would have never in a million years dreamed that I would be a photographer by trade one day, but life has a funny way of playing out and I would not want it any other way. It is extremely hard work running your own business, but in the end you definitely reap the fruits of your labor. I’d say that we are definitely there, almost one year after officially launching SimplyBloom Photography.
A few months ago, V and I had a talk about our goals for the business and where we see ourselves by the end of our first official year. We desperately wanted to get into destination wedding photography, for one reason and another. And as it played out, we just recently booked our first destination wedding. Within the past week or so, we booked additional weddings near San Francisco (vineyard), Charleston, and…… ITALY (the latter includes an engagement session in NYC!!) Needless to say, we are beside ourselves with excitement, and SimplyBloom is most definitely heading into the direction we have envisioned.
In other exhilarating news, (to reward ourselves more or less;) V and I purchased some new gear for SB. We have been dying to get our hands on a great wide angle as well as the infamous tilt shift lens. They came in Tuesday, and I have been trying to figure the TS out, ever since.
I have been diligently practicing and which better subjects to use abuse than my three lovable companions: Kona, Kahlua, and Kaiser. Kona hates the camera, as soon as she SEES me holding it, she will promptly turn and walk away in revolt (a little bit of coaxing always does the trick). Kahlua could not care less, and Kaiser REALLY could not care less. So yesterday, our afternoon was spend lounging around the house, listening to Pandora, whilst getting some practice on that spiffy new lens.





4 comments:
THIS POST got me all excied. Just reading it my heart beat faster and faster with joy, pride and happiness. Best life ever and I am so glad we share it together :)
PS: i think my fav. pic is the one of kaiser with the blue wall! i can really see the TS
OOOOH!!! I love love love those photos. Kali also chews on those bones in the last one, they're her favorite! :)
and CONGRATS again on the destination weddings! That's such a trip! I'm so happy for you guys.
I so love all the pics!!! Keep writing in!! :) and good luck for the destination weddings!!
Post a Comment